What are trending recipes?
Have you ever wondered what everyone is cooking these days and what are the most searched recipes on Google 2022? Well, let me tell you about trending recipes! These are the most popular recipes that people are searching for and making in their own kitchens. It’s a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest food trends and find new inspiration for your cooking. From classic dishes with a modern twist to innovative and creative recipes, there’s something for everyone to try. So why not join the trend and discover some new favorite recipes to enjoy with family and friends?
Google’s Most Searched Recipes of 2022
Have you ever wondered what the most searched-for recipes are? Well, every year Google releases a Year in Search report that ranks the top recipe searches in the United States based on their search volume. These searches can give us insight into the latest food trends and what people are excited to cook in their kitchens.
With the rise of social media platforms like TikTok, these trends can emerge and spread rapidly. Whether it’s a new way to make an old favorite or an entirely new dish, these trending recipes capture people’s attention and inspire them to get creative in the kitchen. So, if you’re curious about what’s hot in the food world right now, take a look at the top 10 trending recipe searches on Google and get ready to be inspired!
The most sought-after recipes on Google in the United States for the year 2022 reflect a diverse mix of food trends, celebrity influence and unconventional flavor combinations. Whether it’s a quick and easy grinder sandwich or a mouth-watering mango pie, people are exploring a wide range of recipes in their quest for culinary inspiration. With a growing interest in healthy eating and a fascination for celebrity diets, recipes endorsed by popular influencers are particularly popular. So, let’s dive into the top 10 recipe searches that are capturing people’s imaginations and taste buds this year.
One of the most searched recipes on Google 2022 was Sugo. Sugo is a versatile Italian sauce that originated in the Naples region. Growing up, my grandmother used to make it for us and it was always a favorite in our family. The sauce is made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs but the flavor is so rich and delicious. It’s perfect for pasta dishes or even as a dipping sauce for bread.
Traditionally, sugo is made by cooking the ingredients slowly over low heat for several hours to allow the flavors to meld together. My grandmother used to make a big batch and freeze it so we could enjoy it whenever we wanted. Over the years, I’ve experimented with different variations of sugo, adding different meats or vegetables to make it even heartier. Here is a recipe for easily making Sugo at home:
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Approximately 350-400 calories per serving
Another most searched recipe on Google 2022 was Cincinnati chili. Cincinnati chili is a type of chili that originated in Cincinnati, Ohio. Unlike traditional chili, it is a thinner, spicier sauce often served over spaghetti and topped with cheese and onions. The dish is commonly served in several different styles, ranging from a two-way (just the chili and spaghetti) to a five-way (chili, spaghetti, beans, onions, and cheese).
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked spaghetti, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced onions for serving
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chili over cooked spaghetti and top with shredded cheddar cheese and diced onions.
Approximately 400-500 calories per serving (depending on the amount of cheese and spaghetti used)
Marry Me Chicken
“Marry Me Chicken” is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that has become a popular recipe in recent years. The dish is made with chicken breasts that are smothered in a creamy tomato sauce with garlic and herbs. The name “Marry Me Chicken” is said to come from the idea that the dish is so good, that it could convince someone to propose marriage after just one bite!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, onion powder, and red pepper flakes to the skillet.
- Whisk until the sauce is smooth and well combined.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, spooning the sauce over them.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Caloric intake per serving
Approximately 610 calories (may vary depending on specific ingredients and serving size)
Google Trends revealed that the quick pancake recipe was highly sought after, indicating people’s desire for a fast and easy breakfast option. If you’re looking for a delicious and speedy breakfast meal, these recipes could be just what you need to start your day off on the right foot. View the recipe at the above link.
Fifth on the list of most searched recipes on Google 2022 was Mango pie. It is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for the warmer months. It’s a sweet and tangy dessert that can be made with fresh or canned mangoes and can be served either chilled or at room temperature. The crust can be made with graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or even Nilla wafers and can be easily customized to your preferences. Overall, mango pie is a simple yet impressive dessert that is sure to please any crowd.
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish and trim the edges.
- Arrange the mango slices in the pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the water and whisk until smooth.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and boils.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon juice until melted and combined.
- Pour the mixture over the mango slices in the pie crust.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
260 calories per serving (not including whipped cream)
In conclusion, the most searched recipes on Google in 2022 reflect a diverse range of food preferences, from convenience foods to unique and flavorful dishes. People’s desire for quick and easy recipes is evident in the popularity of quick pancakes and instant pot recipes, while the inclusion of mango pie and matcha latte highlights the growing interest in unique and international flavors. With the abundance of information available on the internet, it’s easier than ever to find and try new recipes at home. These most searched recipes serve as a reflection of current food trends and provide a glimpse into the culinary preferences of people in the United States.