Looking for a vibrant and nutritious way to kick-start your day? Say hello to our Easy Purple Smoothie Bowl Berry! Packed with antioxidants and bursting with flavor, this delightful bowl is not only a feast for the eyes but also a treat for your taste buds.
Purple Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
A Purple Berry Smoothie Bowl is a nutritious and visually appealing breakfast dish. It consists of a smoothie base made from a blend of frozen mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries), a ripe banana, Greek yogurt (or a non-dairy alternative) and a touch of almond milk. This vibrant purple smoothie is poured into a bowl and topped with a variety of colorful and delicious toppings like fresh berries, chia seeds, granola, shredded coconut, sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey for added sweetness.
It’s called a “bowl” because, unlike traditional healthy smoothies that you drink with a straw, you eat this one with a spoon, savoring the delightful combination of flavors and textures. Purple Berry Smoothie Bowls are not only visually appealing but also packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber, making them a healthy and satisfying way to start your day.
For the Smoothie Base:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced almonds
- Edible flowers (for that extra wow factor)
- Blend the Smoothie Base:
- In a blender, combine the frozen mixed berries, ripe banana, Greek yogurt, almond milk, honey (if using), and vanilla extract (if using).
- Blend until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. If it’s too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to reach your desired thickness.
- Assemble Your Smoothie Bowl:
- Pour the vibrant purple smoothie base into a bowl of your choice.
- Add the Toppings:
- Get creative! Decorate the smoothie bowl with sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, chia seeds, granola, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, and even some edible flowers if you’re feeling fancy.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Dive into your Purple Berry Smoothie Bowl with a spoon and savor the deliciousness. Mix the toppings into the smoothie base as you go for a variety of flavors and textures.
This Easy Purple Smoothie Bowl Berry is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a beautiful addition to your breakfast routine. Customize it with your favorite toppings and start your day on a healthy and colorful note!
This Purple Smoothie Bowl Berry recipe serves one generously, making it the perfect single-serving breakfast or brunch option.
You can whip up this delightful smoothie bowl in just 5 minutes, making it a quick and convenient choice for busy mornings.
Can I use fresh berries instead of frozen for the smoothie base?
Yes, you can use fresh berries but using frozen ones helps make the smoothie thicker and colder.
Is Greek yogurt necessary or can I use a different type of yogurt?
You can use any yogurt of your choice including non-dairy alternatives like almond or coconut yogurt.
What are some common toppings for a Purple Berry Smoothie Bowl?
Common toppings include fresh berries, chia seeds, granola, shredded coconut, sliced almonds and honey.
Is a Purple Smoothie Bowl Berry a healthy breakfast option?
Yes, it’s a nutritious choice packed with antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and protein from yogurt.
Is almond milk the only milk option or can I use regular milk?
You can use any milk you prefer including regular milk, soy milk or oat milk.
Can I make a vegan version of this smoothie bowl?
Yes, simply use non-dairy yogurt and almond milk and skip the honey or use a vegan sweetener.
How do I achieve the desired smoothie bowl consistency?
Adjust the amount of liquid (milk) you add to the blender to reach your preferred thickness.
Are there any gluten-free options for toppings?
Yes, you can find gluten-free granola or use gluten-free oats to make your granola.
Can I add protein powder to make it more filling?
Absolutely! Adding protein powder is a great way to increase the protein content for a more filling breakfast.
Can kids enjoy this Purple Smoothie Bowl Berry?
Yes, kids love the vibrant colors and delicious flavors. It’s a fun and nutritious breakfast option for the whole family.