Hey there, pancake enthusiasts and busy bees! If you’ve ever found yourself craving a stack of fluffy goodness but didn’t have the time for an elaborate breakfast, fear not! I’ve got you covered with my super-duper Easy 5-Minute Mini Pancakes recipe. These little flapjacks are like a bite-sized bundle of joy and can be whipped up in a jiffy. So, let’s dive in and make mornings a whole lot tastier!
Easy Mini Pancakes Recipe
Get ready for a breakfast delight that’s big on flavor and short on time – our Easy Mini Pancakes Recipe! Whether you’re rushing through your morning or craving a delightful snack, these bite-sized wonders will satisfy your cravings in a jiffy.
For the Homemade Pancake Mix:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Mini Pancakes:
- 1 cup homemade pancake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Homemade Pancake Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Transfer the homemade pancake mix to an airtight container for future use.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the homemade pancake mix with milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract (if using). Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a little vegetable oil to the griddle and spread it evenly.
- Using a tablespoon, drop small portions of batter onto the griddle to make mini pancakes. Leave some space between each to allow for spreading.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges look set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the mini pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the griddle and serve your homemade mini pancakes hot with your favorite toppings.
Enjoy your delicious homemade mini pancakes made from scratch!
This recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare. Yes, you read that right! It’s the ultimate breakfast shortcut.
You can make approximately 12 mini pancakes with this recipe, serving 2-3 hungry pancake lovers.
Mini Pancakes Recipe Variation
- Chocolate Chip Delight: Mix some mini chocolate chips into the batter for a sweet surprise.
- Fruity Fusion: Add diced strawberries, blueberries or bananas to the batter for a fruity twist.
- Cinnamon Spice: Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon into the batter for a warm and cozy flavor.
- Nutty Goodness: Mix in chopped nuts like almonds or pecans for some crunch.
- Protein Boost: Substitute milk with Greek yogurt for extra protein.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pancake mix and dairy-free milk for a gluten-free and dairy-free option.
- Vegan Vibes: Swap the egg with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water) and use plant-based milk.
- Savory Surprise: Add grated cheese, herbs, or even cooked bacon bits to the batter for a savory pancake twist.
- Spicy Kick: Sprinkle a bit of chili powder or cayenne pepper for a unique, spicy flavor.
- Green Machine: Blend in some spinach or kale for a green and nutritious pancake experience.
Making Mini Pancakes Healthier
To make these mini pancakes even healthier, consider using whole wheat pancake mix, swapping sugar for a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup and topping them with fresh fruit instead of syrup. You can also experiment with almond or coconut milk for a dairy-free option and use a light cooking spray instead of vegetable oil for a lower-fat alternative. Enjoy your guilt-free stack of happiness!
Can I make these pancakes gluten-free?
Yes, absolutely! Just use a gluten-free pancake mix that suits your dietary needs and you’re good to go.
What’s the best way to make them vegan?
To make these vegan, substitute the egg with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water) and use plant-based milk like almond, soy, or oat milk.
How can I make the pancakes sweeter without using sugar?
You can add natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to the batter. Adjust the amount to your desired sweetness level.
Any tips for adding more protein to the pancakes?
Boost the protein content by using Greek yogurt instead of milk in the batter or incorporating protein powder. You can also sprinkle in some chia seeds or hemp seeds for an extra protein kick.
Can I freeze these pancakes for later?
Absolutely! After cooking, let them cool completely, then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Reheat them in the toaster or microwave when you’re ready to enjoy them.
What are some creative savory toppings for these pancakes?
Try toppings like grated cheese, crumbled bacon, smoked salmon, cream cheese or avocado slices for a savory twist. You can get as creative as your taste buds desire!
How can I reduce the calorie count in this recipe?
To reduce calories, use a light cooking spray instead of vegetable oil for cooking and opt for a low-calorie or sugar-free syrup. You can also cut down on portion size to enjoy the same delicious flavor with fewer calories.
What’s the secret to making pancakes extra fluffy?
Two secrets: don’t overmix the batter (a few lumps are okay) and let the batter rest for a minute or two before cooking. This allows the leavening agents to work their magic and create fluffier pancakes.
Any ideas for low-carb versions of mini pancakes?
For a low-carb option, consider using almond flour or coconut flour instead of traditional pancake mix. You can also explore keto-friendly pancake recipes that use ingredients like almond meal and cream cheese.
Now you’re armed with all the knowledge to create your perfect mini pancakes, whether you’re going gluten-free, vegan or looking to make them healthier! Enjoy your pancake adventures!