What is Crack Chicken Noodle Soup?
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup is a delicious and comforting soup that is sure to satisfy any craving for a hearty, warm meal. It is a variation of the popular Crack Chicken recipe, which typically includes shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. This soup adds egg noodles and chicken broth to create a rich, savory soup that is perfect for a cold day or any time you need a comforting meal. If you’re wondering what to serve with this soup then try our Two Ingredient Fudge.
The origins of Crack Chicken Noodle Soup are unclear, but it is likely that it was created by home cooks who were looking for a way to make classic comfort food even more satisfying. The name “Crack Chicken” comes from the addictive quality of the cream cheese and bacon combination, which has become popular in recent years. Adding noodles and broth to the recipe creates a soup that is even more comforting and satisfying than the original dish.
This soup is certainly not a health food but it does contain some ingredients that can be beneficial to your health. Chicken is a good source of protein and the soup also contains some vitamins and minerals from the vegetables and spices that are used. However, the soup is also high in fat and sodium, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Creamy Vs. Classic: A Comparison of Crack Chicken and Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients and Flavor Profiles
- Crack Chicken Noodle Soup contains cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and spices, in addition to chicken and noodles
- Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup typically includes chicken, vegetables, egg noodles, and herbs such as thyme, oregano, and bay leaves
- The addition of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon gives Crack Chicken Noodle Soup a unique and flavorful twist
- Crack Chicken Noodle Soup is often made in a Dutch oven or large pot and may require a longer cooking time to allow flavors to meld together
- Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup can also be made in a pot, and pre-cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken can be used to speed up the cooking process
- While both soups share some similarities, such as the inclusion of chicken and noodles, the addition of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon give Crack Chicken Noodle Soup a distinct flavor that sets it apart from the more traditional version of the soup
- Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup is often a simpler, more classic version of the soup, without the added richness and complexity of the Crack Chicken variation
Addictive & Delicious: Crack Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe for Comforting Meals
It is a dish that provides both comfort and flavor making it an excellent choice for chilly days or when you’re feeling unwell. It combines juicy chicken, savory broth and delightful egg noodles along with an array of herbs and spices that add depth and richness to its taste. People often refer to this soup as “crack” because of its addictive and irresistible flavor making it hard to resist having more. The recipe for this soup is straightforward to follow and you can easily whip up a batch that will have your taste buds singing in no time.
If you’re in the mood for a warm and comforting soup give crack chicken noodle soup a try! This easy recipe features tender chicken, savory broth and delicious egg noodles that come together to create a flavorful and satisfying dish. It’s perfect for a chilly day or when you’re feeling unwell and you can easily whip up a batch using simple ingredients and straightforward instructions.
- 1 pound cubed boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. It will take about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, water, egg noodles, thyme, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Then, simmer for 10-15 minutes until the noodles are cooked and the soup is hot.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pot along with the heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy.
- Garnish it with sliced green onions and serve hot.
Enjoy this delicious and comforting crack chicken noodle soup!
6 – 8 persons
How can I make a Vegan Version of this creamy chicken noodle soup?
To make a vegan version of this soup, you can replace the chicken with vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini and carrots. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omit the heavy cream and cheese. You can use a plant-based milk alternative like soy or almond milk to add creaminess to the soup. Adjust the seasoning to taste and enjoy your delicious vegan version of crack chicken noodle soup!
What is the best way to keep the noodles from getting too mushy in the soup?
To keep the noodles from getting overcooked and mushy, try cooking them separately and adding them to the soup just before serving. Alternatively, you can add the uncooked noodles to the soup for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time, or until they are tender but still firm.
Is there a way to make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can definitely make this soup in a slow cooker. Simply combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the noodles are tender.
Can I make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make the soup ahead of time and reheat it later. To prevent the noodles from getting too mushy, try cooking them separately and adding them to the soup just before serving. When reheating the soup, you may need to add a little extra chicken broth or water to thin it out, as it can thicken as it sits.
How can I make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup healthier without sacrificing flavor?
To make the soup healthier, try using low-fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese and swap the bacon for turkey bacon or omit it altogether. You can also add more vegetables, such as diced carrots, celery or bell peppers to increase the nutrient content of the soup.
Can I make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup with whole wheat noodles to make it healthier?
Yes, you can definitely use whole wheat noodles in this soup to make it healthier. Whole wheat noodles are higher in fiber and nutrients than traditional egg noodles and they will help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Are there any other ways to make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup healthier?
Absolutely! Another way to make the soup healthier is to use bone broth instead of chicken broth. Bone broth is rich in collagen and other nutrients that are good for your skin, hair, and joints. You can also use a mixture of herbs and spices to flavor the soup instead of relying on high-fat ingredients like cream cheese and cheddar cheese. For example, try using garlic, onion powder, paprika, and thyme to add flavor to the soup without adding extra calories or fat.
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for cold days or any time you need a comforting meal. While it is not the healthiest dish, it is certainly a tasty treat that is sure to please. Whether you are a fan of the original Crack Chicken recipe or just looking for a new twist on a classic soup, this soup is definitely worth a try.